Senior Software Engineer at Prove (Greater NYC Area, NY)
The Senior Developer / Senior Software Engineer will be part of a small team designing and developing the infrastructure powering the next generation of mobile identity certainty. Leveraging your knowledge and passion for excellence you will deliver well-thought-out software solutions as part of a fault-tolerant, scalable platform utilizing a variety of cutting edge technologies. This is a hands-on role where you will need to demonstrate the skills, experience, and confidence to work with senior engineering and product management team members to deliver solutions that will delight our customers.
What You Are Accountable For
As a member of the Software Development team, the Senior Developer is expected to:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards.
- Ensure designs comply with requirements, perform code reviews.
- Own delivery of software features from Product to Production, develop project roadmap, engage with Product to define technical requirements and design, engage with IT/Ops to ensure software makes it out to production in a timely manner.
- Exercise creative thinking and imagination to find solutions to hard problems.
- Establish new and review existing coding standards.
- React quickly to changing customer and business needs.
- Lead projects and train more junior engineers.
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership.
- Exhibit a strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training.
What We Require
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on Software Development experience
- 1+ years in a similar role for a tech startup
- Experience in working in teams growing from less than 5 engineers to 50+
- College degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra.
- Experience with Spring Framework delivering JSON API
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure, Docker, Kubernetes a definite plus
- Experience with mobile development is a plus