Senior Software Engineer
We’re a community of healthcare providers, fertility specialists, and women who get it. We are on a mission to reinvent women’s healthcare services, starting with egg freezing and IVF. We believe it’s time for women to learn the facts about their fertility and make their own plan through best-in-class technology, operations, clinical service, and a modern branded experience. We are NYC-based and rapidly expanding nationally through acquisitions and de novo development. Join our experienced team of rockstars from One Medical, Progyny, Flatiron Health, Google, and Soul Cycle.
We are hiring generalist software engineers of all levels to help infuse data and best practices into clinician decision making via our own acquired EMR, and we'll also be creating a patient experience to help patients understand their fertility in a non-intimidating, intuitive way.
As an experienced backend engineer, you will be working on our Electronic Medical Records system (EMR) written primarily in Rails. We expect our engineers to be curious, empathetic co-workers. Our primary technical concerns are security, ensuring data integrity, EMR speed and usability, and building integration-first APIs.
- Own it. Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement to keep our production systems scaling and performing fast
- Speak up! Contribute to conversation concerning sprints and deliverables
- Get involved. Design and architect systems that can span multiple teams and/or products
- Be thoughtful. Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to build useful, relevant, dependable solutions
- Think critically. Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our patients and internal stakeholders
- Be curious! Actively contribute to the adoption of strong architecture, best practices and new technologies
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years work experience as a software engineer.
- Collaborative working style, detail- and goal- oriented, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage tight deadlines
- Desire to learn outside of current skill set
- Experience with data pipelines
- Experience with data warehouses and dashboards
Nice to Have
- Experience building HIPAA compliant software
- Experience in Rails or React
- Experience in dual cloud development
Our Tech Stack
- Rails, Node, React, Python, Lambda, AWS, GCP, Aptible, Segment
Kindbody provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.