Senior Software Engineer at Orchard
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 8:42 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it probably should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Perch helps customers sell their home on their schedule without the hassles, at market price. Perch enables home buyers to choose from an inventory of certified pre-owned houses, making it easy to discover and close on a move-in ready, quality home.
Perch is headquartered in New York with offices throughout Texas. We have raised over $30 million in funding to date and are backed by top investors including FirstMark, Accomplice, and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
Exciting opportunity to join a new, venture-funded business at the ground floor and play an instrumental role in making the home selling experience easier for our San Antonio customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling in a new, innovative business this is the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of experience creating, updating and maintaining web applications and/or backend services.
In this role you will:
- Build and continuously deploy both internal tools and consumer facing products.
- Maintain a continuously tested, scalable, and applications and services across all sites. A well written, clean, testable code base which allows for moving quickly while delivering quality.
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers.
- Work with business stakeholders to design and architect solutions to our business problems.
- Working knowledge of building web applications using single page technologies and service oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with AWS, Postgres, SQL, Airflow, Docker, CircleCI, Karma, Hugo a plus.
- Experience working with a team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong problem solving skills
- Real estate domain experience is a plus
- 3-5+ years experience in software engineering
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
Read Full Job Description