The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Our Senior Systems Engineers design the underlying infrastructure that powers the Yext Search Experience Cloud platform. This means adapting the best open-source and commercial software into an infrastructure architecture that our Software Engineers can utilize to develop the Yext platform. A Senior Systems Engineer - Networking provides the foundation for the overall Yext platform architecture, helping to ensure reliability, scalability, performance, transparency, and security. As part of this small team, you will do everything from troubleshooting performance issues within the core Yext platform to designing and supporting corporate office networks. You will design Cloud networks in AWS, GCP and Azure, implement and maintain open-source tools such as Hashicorp vault, etcd, and prometheus, utilize TeamCity and Terraform to create reproducible and testable infrastructure, and be the foundation of Yext’s Internet presence by managing domain registrations, certificate authorities, our relationship with ARIN, and facilitating data exchange with the giants of the Internet.
What You'll Do
- Design cloud and data center networks to support the Yext platform
- Provide networking expertise to our teams of Software Engineers, Partner Engineers, and the rest of the company
- Merge DevOps practices with Network Engineering fundamentals to create bulletproof environments for our software to run
- Help manage Yext’s overall Internet presence
- Implement the core pieces of Yext’s security controls
- Design and support corporate office networks
What You Have
- Bachelor's degree or similar college level education in a field relevant to large-scale technology systems
- 5 years work experience in a networking or systems engineering environment
- Expert-level knowledge of at least one aspect of networking, such as a specific routing protocol, multicast, stateful inspection, IPSec, etc.
- Some experience building cloud networks in either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and methods
- Track record of applying DevOps principles to Network Engineering
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team, as necessary
- Commitment to documentation and knowledge-sharing
- Good communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with vendors
- TeamCity or other CI/CD system
- Linux administration
- Experience using Linux as a router, switch or firewall
- Prometheus, exporters and PromQL
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.