Contentsquare is a global SaaS technology company that empowers brands to build better digital experiences for all. Not to brag but… we have been recognized by Gartner as one of the four most innovative e-commerce technologies in the world, and featured in Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest startups.
Contentsquare has 8 main offices across the world (Paris, NYC, London, Tel Aviv, Munich, Tokyo, Singapore & San Francisco) with 750+ clients globally including many accounts from the global Fortune 100. We’ve been experiencing tremendous growth as our team has grown from ~300 to over 850+ employees globally, and raised a $500M Series E funding in May 2021, the biggest total VC funding ever for a French start-up! This announcement garnered more than 350 media placements globally.
We can tell you that this growth is not going to stop here as we are anticipating to hire 1,500+ positions globally within the next few years and are looking for talented people like you - unique, ambitious, and enthusiastic - to join us and help us continue to innovate and improve user experience. YOU keep us going and your creativity drives us to be a better company. Come join the #CSquad family!
About the Opportunity:
Here at Contentsquare, digital excellence is part of our DNA. That’s why we’re looking for an experienced, creative and collaborative Senior Web Developer to help us build pixel-perfect digital experiences on our flagship marketing website, contentsquare.com.
Reporting to the Global Head of Web Strategy you will partner with the Marketing team and other internal stakeholders to develop and improve Contentsquare’s marketing websites, landing pages, and microsites. We’re looking for an experienced developer with deep knowledge of Wordpress. While your work will be mostly front-end, like developing custom themes and improving website functionality and accessibility, you should be comfortable with more back-end responsibilities like enhancing technical performance or managing our back-end Wordpress environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Support new Responsive web content. Following existing brand guidelines, you’ll support the development of new web responsive pages and experiences that drive traffic and conversions.
- Support paid acquisition & optimization initiatives. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our performance marketing, content and search engine optimization teams to build custom landing pages, website A/B tests and personalization campaigns.
- Manage website development. You’ll manage the entire web development life cycle, from scoping and planning to development and maintenance.
What you Bring:
- You think like a Product Manager. You think strategically and creatively about how to deploy time and resources to maximize impact and achieve stakeholders’ goals.
- Design mindset. While this is not a design role, you need to be attentive to the UI/UX touches that beautify websites & wow the user. While remaining functional, you will need to make websites feel modern, interactive, intuitive, and delightful.
- Technical performance expert. You know the importance of Core Web Vitals and can help us improve our technical performance and site speed.
- Technical SEO knowledge. You know how to build the technical framework to support our global SEO goals.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5-8 years of experience.
- Understanding of basic computer science algorithms and data structures.
- Extensive experience working with project-based teams.
- Significant experience with version control tools (Git), GitHub (Actions, Hooks)
- Significant experience developing for WordPress
- Experience incorporating and maintaining Wordpress plugins
- Experience managing hosting environment (WPEngine), including database administration (MySQL), server optimization and maintenance
- Knowledge of technical performance best practices and site-speed optimization
- Knowledge of technical SEO best practices
- Strong UX/UI design sensibilities and instincts
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Deep knowledge of digital accessibility best practices
What Makes You Stand Out from the Crowd:
- Experience building forms and landing page templates within Hubspot
- Experience building out website personalization experiments
- Knowledge of Elementor in Wordpress
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual base salary of $130,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, equity, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found below.
Why Should You Apply to Contentsquare?
Our mission is focused on empowering everyone to create better experiences for all in the digital world.
We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people around the globe.
We are in this together #TeamSpirit.
To keep our employees happy and motivated, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Healthcare Insurance and Leave
--> Prescription Drug
--> Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
--> Leave programs for all of life’s moments: paid birthing and non-birthing leave, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Unlimited paid time-off policy
- Eligibility to participate in Contentsquare's equity plan for full time employees.
- Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and our annual kickoff trip on a global basis! You have the opportunity to interact with our global colleagues.
- Fun office culture with a big opportunity to make an impact on our growing global team, culture, including a Culture Crew for every country to organize regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours
#Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values, and we welcome everyone to apply to our positions.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data are used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights.