About the role…
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble software engineering team is dogma-free and experiment-oriented. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
Our growth teams build our interactive marketplaces and other consumer facing apps and websites that help customers find the financial protection they need. You’ll be joining one of our venture teams, adding valuable perspective while bringing new products to market and building a new technical platform for Policygenius. They are fast-paced and nimble, partnering with Product, Design, and other experts to prove hypotheses and discover effective solutions.
In this role, you will…
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team alongside product managers, product designers, and product marketers, and other subject matter experts
- Develop cross-platform mobile applications and supporting services using Flutter, Go, and GraphQL
- Experiment with an open-minded team that is always exploring leading-edge technologies
- Hone your mentorship and software design skills by training other developers, code pairing, and facilitating architecture workshops
- Ship exceptional products that people love! (we’re proud to be building a company that has customers who consistently refer their friends and family, with an industry-leading NPS)
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in a cross-functional team
- You have professional experience developing and shipping products in one or more mobile ecosystems
- You're excited to work in and learn new tools like Dart, Flutter, Go, gRPC and GraphQL
- You want to build new products and platforms, iterating rapidly to learn about our customers
- You have a desire to take an idea, band people together, and ship real products for actual people
- You have experience in one or more of the following:
- Native mobile development using languages like Swift, Obj-C, Kotlin, or Java
- Cross-platform mobile development using tools like React Native, Xamarin, Cordova/PhoneGap, or Flutter
- Go, or another server-side language like Python or Ruby
- PostgresQL or similar databases
- Microservice or event-driven architectures
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!