Site Reliability Engineer
Orchard has developed a home buying and selling experience that brings control and convenience to customers. By harnessing the power of data science, technology, and human-centered design, we’ve developed a seller experience that delivers a market price offer for your home in 24 hours with the ability to close at a time of your choosing. No home showings, no repairs to do, no contingent offers, and no fear of the offer falling through before closing. It’s the way a home sale always should have worked. For home buyers, we’re pioneering a new way of shopping by removing financing contingencies and simplifying the whole experience from home discovery through mortgage approval to close.
Role and Responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join the growing product and engineering team in our venture-funded business focused on making the home selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business this is the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in a security role. This could include application security reviews, security engineering, security analysis, and/or incident response.
In this role you will:
- Play an active role in developing security policies and training the team on security best practices.
- Work closely with software engineering and devops to ensure our infrastructure and coding practices meet relevant security standards.
- Be a part of the incident response team to monitor and respond to security threats.
- Degree in mathematics, computer science, or other relevant disciplines
- Programming experience in one or more modern languages such as Java, Python, C, C++, C#, or Swift
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, such as application security reviews, security engineering, security analysis, incident response
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) products and security controls
- Good understanding of information security principles and CBK
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem