Software Engineer (C# .Net Core, Typescript, AWS) at Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain, and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series D in 2020, raising US$80m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
We are looking for talented engineers of all levels to join our Finance Engineering team. This team is responsible for all accounting automation-related things. Billing, invoicing, payment processing, financial reporting etc. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about quality engineering and building simple solutions that make the Finance Platform scalable, reliable and extensible.
You will be expected to apply your engineering, problem-solving and team work skills to execute on new feature development and improvements to the existing platform. This will include working closely with the Product team and Finance/Accounting team to help translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, and collaborating with your fellow engineers.
We value craftsmanship and are passionate about quality and thoughtful engineering. We are fans of pair programming, open communication, and continuous improvement. And we are serious about testing and code coverage. We learn from each other, and we get the job done.Responsibilities
- Design, develop, review, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Collaborate with your team, the Product team and other stakeholders to devise feasible solutions
- Participate in scrum/agile planning & estimation processes
- Participate in system architecture design discussions
- Collaborate and support external teams in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise
- C# (.NET Core) / Typescript (NodeJs)
- Web API / ExpressJs / NestJs
- SQL based data stores (SQL Server, Redshift, PostgreSQL)
- AWS (Cloudformation, Lambda, SNS, SQS, etc)
- FE (Angular 9, rxjs, ngrx)
- Docker/ Kubernetes
- Relevant work experience in software development
- Experience with system integration and API development
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aws certification
- Computer science background
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.