Software Engineer, Front End – Internal Agency
Greater NYC Area
Teachable is looking for a Front End Engineer to join our internal agency! This unique position will closely collaborate with our visual designer and the marketing team to produce beautiful and engaging web experiences with minimal overhead.
In this role, you'll work with our marketing team to engage, educate, and impact thousands of current and future instructors as well as millions of students. You’ll be a core part of our efforts to attract and communicate with the next generation of future online instructors.
Primarily you’ll work on the frontend creating engaging marketing experiences, at times incorporating attractive interactions, animations, or videos. You’ll be contributing to and bringing to life ambitious designs and checking their effectiveness through our data tooling. Sometimes you may work on a CMS-backend with the support of our broader engineering team to move fast and stay unblocked. You’ll work efficiently and sustainably with the big picture and deadlines in mind. You want to evaluate and practically implement techniques that bring to life new possibilities for marketing design.
What you'll do
- Execute creative development for marketing campaigns primarily in a web environment
- Engage at a high level with marketing and design to make designs come to life
- Work collaboratively and proactively in a multidisciplinary team environment
What You'll Bring
- 2-7 years of experience in creative development
- Experience building responsive, mobile-friendly pages and ensuring cross-browser compatibility
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience in any of the following: d3.js, p5.js, three.js, pixi.js, accessibility
- knowledge of digital media: html5 video and audio
- A strong track record of prototyping and shipping
- Curious and practical when it comes to new technologies
- Collaborative, flexible, humble, ambitious
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description