Software Engineer, Full Stack at Paperless Post
Paperless Post is seeking a software engineer to help build the systems that will allow our best-in-class digital events platform to scale beyond our current user base of over 100 million. As a member of our Software Action team, you’ll work across the entire stack in order to push both new and existing code to a state-of-the-art platform. You will develop and hone skills across a wide swathe of programming languages and paradigms and be an integral voice in solving major technical challenges across the organization.
The Software Action team is a highly focused engineering team dedicated to overcoming large technical challenges across a variety of software engineering disciplines. Examples of projects we’ve worked on include on-demand image rendering pipelines, porting production applications to Kubernetes and creating tooling to reimagine and greatly improve developer workflow within the wider engineering team.
Our team is entirely comprised of engineers who love working across the stack. The challenges we face can vary widely, which provides plenty of opportunity for learning and growth. We collaborate often in order to effectively overcome these challenges together. Members of our team are willing to dig in and debug any system necessary in order to understand how it works and what we can do to make it better.
A little about the engineering team
The PP Engineering team, a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists, is charged with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each month. Our individual feature teams each focus on a unique piece of the user experience and are made up of engineers, product managers, QA, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but brave approach to technology.
What you'll do here
- Design and develop maintainable, reliable, scalable and testable software.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across the org in order to drive initiatives and projects to success
- Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments in Agile release cycles.
- Improve your understanding of modern full-stack systems operating at scale
- Interest in full-stack web engineering - from JS/HTML/CSS to server deployment
- Curiosity and willingness to dig into, understand, and debug existing systems
- Ability to articulate reasoning for decisions. What are the trade-offs? Why did we choose this over that?
- Desire and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Experience developing some or all of a user facing full stack project as part of a small team
- Experience with docker and containerization technologies
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 80 million people connect in the real world last year. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people of all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!