Software Engineer - Full Stack
Greater NYC Area
Candid is a rapidly growing healthcare startup dedicated to making high quality orthodontic treatment accessible to all. By simplifying the process and reducing costs, we can help more people feel healthier and more confident every single day. Straighter teeth are just the start.
Since we launched in 2017, Candid has treated tens of thousands of patients, brought on 300+ employees, and raised ~$90M in funding. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, tech, retail, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, Uber, and Airbnb.
We are looking for full stack engineers to help us build our technology to become the best-in-class consumer healthcare company. You will work closely with other engineers, product and design teams to plan and develop solutions that will allow Candid™ to continue growing. You will be responsible for bringing our customer touch points to life and will be responsible for sound technical execution of web projects through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. You will report directly to an Engineering Manager in our NYC HQ.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of both small and large projects you work on
- Work with open source tools
- Build integrations with third-party vendors
- Architect and implement libraries and frameworks that power Candid™ across the stack
- Work across product, design, and engineering to deliver high quality software
- Deliver a high-quality customer experience by maintaining focus on interface details
- Implement and own testing frameworks for all web products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
What You’ll Need
- You love building and getting things done
- 5+ years experience working across the tech stack
- Experience working with engineering and product teams to meet business needs
- Ability and desire to operate in a fast-paced and outcome biased environment
- Experience with back end languages and libraries, ideally Python (Django)
- Proficiency with Git
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description