Software Engineer I, Sr
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill Corporation as an organization is moving very fast in a new direction. This is a very exciting time for the company and has provided amazing opportunity for everyone. We have new leadership working to innovate on everything from the product discovery and delivery to changing the culture and work environment. Merrill strongly believes in empowered teams and ownership. Merrill is passionate about building product innovation, DevOps culture and fully cross functional teams.
The new core platform a Virtual Data Room (VDR) where Mergers and Acquisitions take place. It is a microservices architecture with multiple web/mobile applications built on top. We are using a combination of open source and third party libraries/frameworks such as Eureka, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Microsoft Azure and many more modern technologies. We are always open to trying new ways to create the best platform on the market.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be a member of our core platform team. You will lead development efforts and platform standards and will be involved in building Java-based, microservices driven applications.
What your day to day will look like:
· •Collaborating with both technical and business team members to understand requirements and develop solutions using an agile development process.
· •Mentoring and supporting our development team.
· •Hands on architecture and development.
· •Defining coding standards, implementing code review procedures and carrying out unit test coverage of the code base.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, our infrastructure and our build system, including gradle, jenkins and git.
- Delivers complex products to QA that they believe are well-baked and bug free.
- Partners with product and analytics and drive requirements that take into account all parties' needs.
- Identified problems/risks of own work and others.
- Communicates effectively across functions; is able to work well with product, Design, Analytics, etc, as necessary.
- Proactively identifies problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) for their own work and adjacent work, and communicates these issues early to help course-correct.
- Minimum Education: 4 year college degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or similar