We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As a Software Engineer - IDE Integration, you will be responsible for integrating Datadog services and technologies directly into the development environment of Datadog’s users.
- Build amazing visualizations for connecting high resolution production data with the source code in your development environment.
- Work tightly with teams at Datadog on exciting products, like Continuous Profiler.
- Build tools for developers that let them see Datadog information in their IDE.
- Own a meaningful part of a high visibility product, Popular in ecosystem and integration
- You have experience developing plug-ins for a major IDE, such as IntelliJ, VS Code or Eclipse.
- You have experience writing testable and maintainable UI code.
- You have the ability to iterate quickly and try out various product development ideas.
- You value simplicity and efficiency.
- You have experience with custom data visualization and rendering.
- You have experience with release engineering for plugins or open-source libraries.
- You’re interested in statistics and in finding novel ways of displaying information.
- You’re interested in the low-level details of how code executes
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Software Engineer - IDE Integration role has an annual starting salary of $150,000, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.