Software Engineer II - Android at OkCupid
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:16 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, February 10, 2021
OkCupid is looking to hire a Software Engineer II on our Android team!
If you’re an experienced Android Engineer and you like the idea of being a key
contributor on an app used by millions of people, read on.
What’s it like being an Android Engineer at OkCupid?
We’re a small, tight-knit Mobile Development team that manages all aspects of OkCupid’s Android app. Every person we hire is given a lot of responsibility and a lot of power; your opinion can be a big part of what we do and how we do it. OkCupid is an engineering focused company. We are a group of developers that gets a big sense of satisfaction from helping millions of people find love. If that’s the kind of thing that appeals to you, you’re probably a good fit for OkCupid.
We’re seeking someone who has:
• 2+ years of professional experience working with key technologies for the Android platform.
• Fluency in Kotlin (the language we use) and/or Java (the language we used to use)
• Experience designing robust, extensible, and testable mobile application code and frameworks
• Experience consuming and designing REST APIs and/or experience with GraphQL Queries
• Strong UI development skills (complex view trees, animations, rendering and strong knowledge of the Android UI kit)
Some cool things about our team:
• We are all in on Kotlin (and have been for 2 years)
• We use MVVM with lots of Rx
• We use and are passionate about Android Architecture Components
• We write unit tests for all of our code and use CI to automate them
• We are a single Activity app
• We are passionate about building a great user experience and a clean codebase. We write tech designs for all of our major features and are deeply enthusiastic about knowledge sharing
• We’re transitioning to GraphQL
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks & drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description