About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Software Engineer in the team, you will be responsible for building one of the critical services for the Grubhub. You are responsible for designing and building distributed, scalable application platforms. You will be participating in design discussion, vendor evaluation, tools. Providing and building innovative solutions to the business problems and learning. Working within the teams and across the team to understand the domain. Learn & Contribute to the code and share knowledge.
The Impact You Will Make
- You’ll be understanding the domain needs and building a highly scalable & reliable platform for the Geo-location services.
- You’ll be accountable for delivery, deployment, maintenance, monitoring the performance of the application and the platform.
- You’ll be evaluating the tools, technologies, vendors for the platform along with other senior team members.
- Writing the code with defined standards, reviewing the code of peers, using security standards in the code and ability to measure the performance of the features.
- Creating the backlog of Tech Debts/ Features, suggesting the areas of improvement.
- Actively working with other team members in the domain and being a team player.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Java object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (junit/testing, mockito + jmeter/gatling.io)
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available distributed systems (5x9’s uptime etc.)
- Building the observability as part of the application.
- Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
- Good to have professional Cassandra experience or similar NoSQL database experience
- Good to have Memcache/ Redis Distributed Caching mechanism.
- Docker, or similar containerized solutions
- CI / CD tools preferable Gradle, Jenkins or similar
- Ability to work and communicate within and across the team.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them
- Remote Working. No need to be NYC or Chicago based feel free to work remotely from the comfort of your home.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.