Software Engineer - Mobile (Acuity)
Acuity, a Squarespace company, is looking for a Mobile Software Engineer to join our small, collaborative engineering team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Acuity application and the long-term vision on mobile devices. The mobile application has established itself as a core part of our platform as more people manage their business and appointments on the go
You will be focused both on expanding the scope of the existing mobile application and developing a brand new React Native application to support an even broader set of users.
- Implement and help with designs for features alongside product and design teams
- Collaborate with engineering teams to develop APIs used by the mobile application
- Debug and profile parts of the applications as needed
- Contribute and maintain the health of the application, gather user feedback, and fix arising issues
- Participate in weekly all-hands support to intimately understand our customers
- 2+ years with React Native
- Familiar with the React-Native bridge
- Have experience with React-Native lists
- Have worked with native modules and native UI components
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory and state management, network programming, and concurrency
- Good grasp of native application development (iOS and/or Android)
- Experience working on a live production application with real users
Acuity Scheduling allows customers to offer online booking and effortlessly manage their appointments. Acuity, which became a Squarespace company in 2019, is a market leader, serving more than 90,000 businesses of all sizes and handling tens of millions of appointments each year. Our mission is to make scheduling easy, so our customers have more time to run their businesses and live their lives.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.