Software Engineer - Mobile (Acuity)
Acuity, a Squarespace company, is seeking a Software Engineer - Mobile to join our small, collaborative engineering team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Acuity application and the long-term vision of Acuity on mobile devices. This role reports to the Team Lead.
- Contribute to app health, communicate with the community and make sure expectations are being met
- Design and implement new features, create UI, debug and profile parts of the app when needed
- Maintain apps, listen to community and fix issues that arise
- 2+ years with React Native
- Familiar with the react-native bridge
- Have experience with react-native lists
- Have worked with native modules and native ui components for a react-native app (on both iOS and Android)
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory and state management, network programming, and concurrency
- Good grasp of native app development (iOS and/or Android)
- Have experience working on a live production app with real people using it
Acuity Scheduling allows customers to offer online booking and effortlessly manage their appointments. Acuity, which became a Squarespace company in 2019, is a market leader, serving more than 90,000 businesses of all sizes and handling tens of millions of appointments each year. Our mission is to make scheduling easy, so our customers have more time to run their businesses and live their lives.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.