Software Engineer (Mobile)
Orchard has developed a home buying and selling experience that brings control and convenience to customers. By harnessing the power of data science, technology, and human-centered design, we’ve developed a seller experience that delivers a market price offer for your home in 24 hours with the ability to close at a time of your choosing. No home showings, no repairs to do, no contingent offers, and no fear of the offer falling through before closing. It’s the way a home sale always should have worked. For home buyers, we’re pioneering a new way of shopping by removing financing contingencies and simplifying the whole experience from home discovery through mortgage approval to close.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience creating, updating and maintaining mobile apps and their backend services.
In this role you will:
- Be a founding member of the mobile development at Orchard, responsible for choosing and creating the tools, infrastructure, and products.
- Build and continuously deploy both internal tools and consumer facing products.
- Maintain a continuously tested, scalable, and applications and services across all our applications. This includes creating a well written, clean, testable code base which allows for moving quickly while delivering quality.
- Experience with one or more cross platform mobile development technologies.
- Familiarity with native development on one or more mobile platforms is a plus.
- Working knowledge of building and quickly iterating on well tested mobile apps.
- Familiarity with AWS, Postgres, SQL, Docker, and CircleCI is a plus.
- Experience working with a team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong problem solving skills
- Real estate domain experience is a plus
- 2+ years experience in mobile software development
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem