Teachable is looking for a Software Engineer to join its Money Crew. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a software engineer on the Money crew, you will be responsible for building out our payments platform processing over $1M+ in daily transactions to over 10,000 creators in 190+ countries as well as business management tooling to ensure the best experience for our creators.
You can find more information about the individual contributor role at Teachable here as also check out How We Code at Teachable, too.
We are looking for someone:
- With 2+ years of experience with production code, working in either a full stack or backend capacity
- With strong software development experience using either Ruby (we use Ruby on Rails), Python, Java, Go, etc
- Experience working with Stripe, PayPal or other payment processing APIs
- Care about good programming practices (OO principles, test coverage, readability and maintainability, performance, etc.)
- Value working as part of a team and supporting other team members when needed
- Be interesting, creative, fun to work with and interested in doing cool things with a cool product
- Varied experience (such as ops or design) is always a plus
What you'll be doing:
- Work on a cross-functional pod collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, and front-end, back-end, and QA Engineers to build high-quality products
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of services and applications across the organization
- Write simple, clean, high quality and efficient software that delivers features and improvements
- Seek and provide feedback consistently and well, with an open mind and willingness to continuously improve
- Embrace a growth mindset and share a willingness to learn new tools and technologies
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.