Software Engineer - Product Backend, Campaigns Delivery at Squarespace
Have you ever wanted to fight a spammer? Do you like building scalable, asynchronous pipelines? Are you passionate about creating a great experience for your customers?
The Campaigns Delivery team is looking for a backend software engineer to help us ensure that Campaigns customers’ emails are delivered to the right recipients at the right time and don’t end up in the spam folder. Along the way you’ll build new ways to trigger emails, defend our platform against bad actors, and scale our delivery pipeline to send billions of emails. This role reports to the Campaigns Delivery team lead in our New York City headquarters.
- Write server-side code, create high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop new features into the Email Campaigns platform, building backend services with Java
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences.
- Ensure the reliability of the Email Campaigns delivery pipeline.
- Participate in the team on-call rotation.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code).
- Development experience in Java, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language. Experience developing large-scale software preferred.
- An understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable code.
- Understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 670 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.