Software Engineer - Product Backend
Squarespace is looking for passionate backend engineers to build the services powering our highly interactive web and mobile applications.
We firmly believe that design is not merely “how it looks” but “how it works.” With this in mind, our backend engineers work on Product Engineering teams, which are dedicated to creating the most seamless, integrated products possible. If you are a server side engineer who enjoys taking ownership of product initiatives and carrying them from concept to production, we want to hear from you! You will report to the Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
- Write server-side code, create high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Design and build new features into the Squarespace platform, building backend services with Java
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences.
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Squarespace users and businesses powered by Squarespace.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code).
- Actively contribute to team and company standards.
- Programming experience in Java, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language. Strong OO skills preferred.
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and dependable code.
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience.
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 670 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.