Software Engineer, Schools Insight
What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
The Schools Insight team is focused on building our next-generation product offering to bring TpT to schools around the world. You’ll work full-stack on a new product surface, using best-in-class technologies like React, GraphQL, TypeScript, Apollo and OAuth. You’ll work on a diverse team collaborating closely with product, design, and marketing to build in an iterative, agile way. You’ll solve big product and engineering challenges including creating a great onboarding, analytics, and core product experience for our teachers.
If you’re interested in diving deep into understanding the evolving K-12 educational landscape, working closely with teachers and principals to support learning, and building the future of TpT, then this team is a great fit for you!
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Enjoys working full-stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm for learning and applying best practices to build, scale, and monitor resilient systems
- Passion for supporting and building healthy, inclusive team collaboration
- At least 2+ years of development experience at scale
Extra Credit For:
- Experience with Ed-Tech or ecommerce marketplaces
- Experience with Node.js + React, Apollo, Kubernetes, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source contributor
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.