Our mission is to help individuals and organizations thrive by eliminating every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a mental health company founded in 2016 with a mission of using leading technology to help people feel better — faster. We help large employers better manage the mental health burden in their companies. Our peer-reviewed and published clinical technology allows us to deliver care better, faster, and cheaper.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team. You will help to define our product and engineering roadmaps and work as a part of a cross-functional product team to find elegant solutions to mental healthcare’s many problems.
We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Rethink, RRE, and General Catalyst.
What You’ll be Doing
- Design and expand the capabilities of our API (built with Ruby on Rails) which powers several web apps and a mobile app, all of which are used to to screen, diagnose, and provide care for patients
- Design and expand the capabilities of our web frontends and app, built in React, Redux and Flutter
- Build thoughtful UI and components by contributing to our design system/component library
- Build on the foundation of a well tested codebase to ensure it remains robust and scalable as our business rapidly growsIdentify areas for growth and iteration on our application stack and advocate for them on the engineering roadmap
- Help us make decisions like “grow the monolith” or “break things up into microservices” (or some other great idea!)
- 2-4 years of professional development experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with React & Redux
- Bonus points for Flutter experience
- Bonus points for experience with Docker & AWS
- Bonus points for GraphQL API design experience
- Comfortable working on an agile team and curious about learning new things
- Enjoy using test-driven development and pair programming
- Comfortable moving fast and working through ambiguity - we are a small startup and are working on balancing the demands of business growth and platform reliability
Why You’ll Like Working at Spring Health
- Competitive compensation plan including equity in the company: we want you to own a piece of what you’re building.
- Comprehensive benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to Spring Health!
- Flexible vacation plan: our open vacation-policy allows you to take the time off you need when you need it.
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team.
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience.
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description