What you'll do:
- Build the core freight-management software platform that allows us to serve a variety of players in the freight transportation sector—manufacturers, national retail chains, trucking companies, dispatchers, and more.
- Expand our existing products and APIs to serve new customer types and modes of transportation across the freight industry.
- Contribute to our front-end web application, back-end services and APIs, or both.
- Integrate our software with a variety of freight management APIs, automated shipping brokerages, and external data providers.
- Identify and resolve web performance bottlenecks in front-end and back-end code.
- Expand your experience working with industry best-practices that include Continuous Deployment, automated testing (unit- and end-to-end), production monitoring, and alerting systems.
- Participate in blameless post-mortems and retrospectives that enable us to learn from both failures and successes in order to improve team process and software design.
- Our tech stack is comprised of Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Dynamo, RedShift. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We monitor our production software with tools like New Relic, Sentry, Airbrake and CloudWatch.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field, or have equivalent training or work experience.
- You have 2+ years of career experience building software products (including internships).
- You take pride in your work and the quality of products you build.
- You value collaboration and enjoy teaching and learning from peers.
- You speak up when you see something wrong and back your opinions with data.