Transfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $600 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Software Engineer, you'll be building world-class products that transform the lynchpin of our global economy—the supply chain.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Build core products that serve the unique needs of all the players in the freight transportation sector—national retail chains, trucking companies, dispatchers, and many more.
- Scale our existing apps to new user types and capabilities.
- Design and build our API.
- Write tests (unit, integration, and end-to-end), and constantly seek to improve code quality.
- Communicate clearly and directly with designers, product managers, and operations, both in the office and remotely.
- You have a bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- You have at least 3+ years experience in building features in an agile environment
- You're fluent in Java, C++, Python, and/or RoR
- You create high quality code and advocate for best practices.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.