The mission of Real Estate & Development (“RedTech”) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Deep knowledge of design patterns and their applications.
- Take active role in breaking down an epic into multiple sprints and tickets.
- Define the best implementation method and related effort to answer a given problem.
- Lead feature development with 1-2 more collaborators..
- Identify and drive code improvements, including technical debt.
- Author feature-specific design docs.
- Serve as an example of quality code and design, and push for better processes around how the team operates.
- Mentor others and proactively identify opportunities to improve intra- and/or inter-team capability, such as interviewing and active participation in guilds.
- Advocate for a solid technical approach and influence peers.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 4+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented and clean code.
- Experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus).
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Good understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.