Are you looking for a new Software Engineering career opportunity that allows you to:
- Solve hard problems and be a major contributor
- Create new functionality instead of maintaining the past
- Work with a modern SOA infrastructure
- Work with the latest frameworks and technologies in the cloud
- Build systems that serve millions of requests a day with billions of data points
- Be at the forefront of our machine learning initiatives
Smartling will give you these opportunities and much more. You will be joining an existing team building and maintaining a cutting-edge translation management application, which allows our clients and professional translators to manage the localization process for their websites and documents in an agile fashion. Our rapidly growing client list includes top names from the technology and Fortune 500 worlds.
Our Engineering team approach
- Agile / Scrum.
- SOA - Service Oriented Architecture and APIs.
- Continuous Deployment - multiple times daily.
- Full test automation - we have no QA team.
- DevOps is not a team, it is a culture.
- TDD - Test Driven Development.
- Data Driven Impact Oriented Prioritization
Tasks at hand
- Architect, design, and implement microservices, event flows, and data pipelines.
- Conduct architecture and code reviews.
- Design and implement testing strategies to maximize product quality.
- Fluent in Java.
- Know your way around a relational database.
- Familiar with asynchronous patterns and messaging technologies.
- Familiar with Design Patterns and making scalable stable systems.
- Understanding of distributed computing principles and algorithms.
Nice to have
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with ML algorithms.
- Cloud technology experience: Athena, ElasticSearch, S3, Kinesis; AWS Lambda; infrastructure as code, Terraform.
- Curious. The desire to learn new systems, technologies, and frameworks.
- Creative/Innovative. Demonstrate inventiveness and the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments.
- Autonomous/Self-started. Work well and achieves results with little or no supervision.
- Team Player. Willing to do PRs, give advice, and contribute to the team.
- Problem Solver. Provide workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Adaptable. Maintain focus and positive attitude amidst change or under pressure.
- With a “can do attitude”. Able to roll up your sleeves and drive projects to their completion.
What matters to Smartling?
- To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.