Addepar is an enterprise software company focused on providing transparency to complex financial portfolios for investors and advisors alike. Its core reporting product provides a holistic view of investment holdings for asset owners and wealth managers, in particular for alternatives and private assets where other systems struggle. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage nearly $2 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
Addepar’s newest team, Insights, is building data-driven tools and analytics to help our clients make better investment decisions, as well as an order management and execution platform to provide access to a wide range of investment products, including cash management, hedge funds and private equity, and secondary transactions in private securities and LP interests. This is an exciting new business for Addepar with high growth potential that is still in the early stages of development, and there is a unique opportunity for a key individual to join a new, highly visible team at the ground level.
The Insights team launched our initial product in May of this year: Marketplace. Read more about our launch in detail:
Our team is a vertically integrated group that includes a cross-section of product, marketing, sales, data, design, operations, and engineering - giving members a unique perspective that demonstrates how their work directly links to the broader business. In many ways, our group operates much like a startup within a growth company, providing its members with the stability and business relations of the larger Addepar organization, while allowing the group to operate in a tightly integrated and demanding context, as we continue to build out our new line of business and product offerings.
If you’re interested in what we have to offer and feel like you’re up for the challenges described above, we’re excited to meet you.Required Qualifications & Experience
We primarily code in Java, Python, and TypeScript, but we do not necessarily require a deep prior experience with these specific toolsets. We look for driven engineers with real technical depth and a desire to understand the end business. We want people who are passionate and care deeply about the success of their team and the wider organization.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-5+ years of experience as a professional software engineer, ideally focused on backend-oriented systems
- Hands-on experience with the entire software development lifecycle, from specification to production and finally deprecation
Standout Background & Experience
- Familiarity with a cloud-hosted, services-based software model
- Prior experience with or knowledge of financial data systems
- Prior experience with Java, Python, MySQL, and AWS specifically
- Prior experience working in an agile team that utilizes lightweight project management techniques (i.e. sprints, quarterly OKRs, etc.)
- Prior experience or academic understanding of financial domain concepts, such as trade lifecycle management, regulatory compliance, and audit requirements
Competencies Needed for Success
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced growth company, where requirements and prioritizations evolve over time based on the needs of the business
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with some guidance
- Proven ability to collaborate within a tight-knit, cross-functional team
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to partner with other engineering teams in a collaborative way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate product requirements into well-formed, cogent technical documentation, as a means of communicating and coordinating technical decisions within the team
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation
- Ability to digest and understand complex and intersectional financial regulatory requirements, and translate these into real world code
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.