Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
We are looking for a manager to lead a front end development team focused on building incredibly intuitive user interfaces. Dual reporting to the leader of UI Engineering and the Senior Director of the Platform as a Service engineering organization, this person will lead a team that works across engineering and other functions to create a frictionless user experience for the Platform as a Service offerings.
DigitalOcean is loved by developers for its simplicity. This is an opportunity to lead a new team focused on the DigitalOcean cloud UI experience. With a strong brand and experienced engineers partnered with a great design team, you’ll have what you need to run high-volume real world experiments that drive business results.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working across teams and functions to deliver an amazing user experience for platform services including app deployment, containers, and databases.
- Share in management of front end infrastructure work across UI Engineering.
- Driving a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching and facilitating professional development.
- Providing technical leadership - best practices, testing, performance, reliability.
- Recruiting and hiring world-class engineers.
- Measuring the software development process to help the team increase deliverability and improve forecasting
- Passion for customers and the products we build for them.
- Experience managing a high-performing cloud product development team of front end engineers or a mix of front end and back end.
- Experience working closely with Product Managers and UX designers.
- Experience with CI/CD and a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empower people; cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work closely across teams and manage dependencies.
- Experience with responsive and accessible app development a plus.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!