Software/Systems Engineer - Site Reliability (Acuity)
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are looking for experienced and passionate software engineers and systems engineers who possess backgrounds in systems, programming and networking to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, and that all of the features work. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our features with the infrastructure teams to grow our current data centers and build new ones, and the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities and protect our product, infrastructure and networks. This role reports to the team lead.
- Own AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, and RDS
- Write infrastructure-as-code using Terraform that automates the provisioning, deployment, and scaling of Acuity's infrastructure
- Write configuration management using Chef to automate server-related tasks
- Monitor infrastructure using Datadog to provide maximum observability
- Share on-call rotation and be an escalation point to the business and engineering
- Collaborate with other SREs and Software Developers
- Programming experience in Bash, Python, or Ruby
- Experience managing distributed systems in *nix environments
- An understanding of and experience with, web application development
- Understand database design, caching, scalability, and network fundamentals
- Real-world experience with Docker and AWS
Acuity Scheduling allows customers to offer online booking and effortlessly manage their appointments. Acuity, which became a Squarespace company in 2019, is a market leader, serving more than 90,000 businesses of all sizes and handling tens of millions of appointments each year. Our mission is to make scheduling easy, so our customers have more time to run their businesses and live their lives.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.