Sr. DevOps Engineer
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We support one another and regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning and reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean and readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, and customer support.
What you'll do:
- Experience in establishing and delivering automation best practices for build automation and QA
- Cloud architecture experience with a major cloud provider such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Passion for frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience with fast and scalable distributed systems in a cloud environment is a must. Examples include: Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Druid, Cassandra, Parquet, Kudu, or HBase
- Strong experience in any programming language
- Experience working with messaging frameworks such as Kafka or Kinesis preferred
Who you are:
We believe it is critical to our success to be able to excel at balancing speed to market and code/infrastructure stability and are looking for a strong, hands on Senior DevOps engineer to establish and build best practices in build and QA automation.
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with the rest of White Ops
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •