Sr. Front-End Engineer- Corporate
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is seeking an experienced software engineer to join our dynamic Corporate Initiative team. Our work is growing the business into new areas of opportunity, spearheading service creation, and expansion across all the core areas of the platform. Day-to-day activities involve coding against stories in a sprint, verifying tests, and getting peer reviews prior to having the code accepted. The work will be distributed across many of the platform systems within Grubhub, to bring holistic technology releases to support large expansions in the business offerings. As a Continuous Delivery organization, releases to production are frequent, avoiding classic challenges of meeting/discussion/planning fatigue and roll-back difficulties that come with heavy, infrequent production releases.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop highly-available, modular, consistently-styled responsive web applications
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and other engineers to deliver features that drive our business
- Be a proponent for improving our systems as well as our users’ experiences
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering-related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience developing thoroughly tested code
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers and coordinating with developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors.
- Understanding of and ability to converse in design patterns
- Experienced developing with React/Redux (or equivalent modern UI framework), CSS post processors, TestCafe/Protractor, ES6+
- Awareness of Agile/Scrum, or equivalent SDLC methodologies
- Knowledge of or experience with developing distributed systems
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.