Sr. Software Engineer - Discovery Traffic Generation at Grubhub
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About the Opportunity - Traffic Generation
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Traffic Generation team you will play a central role in implementing Grubhub’s traffic acquisition strategies including Menupages, whitelabels, affiliates, search engine optimization/marketing, and partnerships with some of the most influential names in the tech and food industry. You will work closely with Engineering leadership and Product stakeholders to drive technical designs and leverage your own experience to solve the most challenging and difficult problems the team faces.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop highly-available, fault tolerant features on our microservices platform.
- Process big data sets with parallel distributed algorithms on clusters.
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that grow our daily active diners.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective and help us drive innovation.
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA.
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers along with overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors.
- Experience with Java or a similar modern object-oriented language.
- Must have a strong computer science foundation, i.e. data structure, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Experience with distributed architecture designs and design patterns.
- Experience working with API’s, RPC’s, and developing distributed systems.
- Familiarity with distributed NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with AWS or equivalent cloud service platform
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to[email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.