Sr. Software Engineer - Search
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The Search Team at Grubhub helps our hungry diners find the perfect meal. Our services for Search service millions of requests per day and the teams works on the Infrastructure for Search as well as implementation of algorithms for Ranking and Relevance. If you're an engineer interested in making a significant impact on our product, this is the team for you!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build low latency, high throughput RESTful services
- Contribute to the search platform, software frameworks and SDK’s
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Work closely with data scientists to apply new models to influence the Search Engine
- Build and utilize metrics for analyzing relevance and ranking
- Build systems that integrate with many other real time data sources and services
- Optimize service runtime for performance and scale
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- 6+ years experience with large scale distributed real-time systems, consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Solid programming experience on the JVM (Java/Scala) or similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience working with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Experience with A/B testing tools and techniques
- Experience with scale and volume mobile backed systems
- API design experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark and other big data tools
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information