WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We're looking for a Staff Engineer for our Messaging & Automation team, which is the team responsible for building, maintaining, and evolving Canvas, our flagship product. That means supporting the orchestration and sending of messages for clients around the world. Our products rely on sophisticated real-time and batch processing of massive amounts of data, providing analytics, automated decision making, and an industry-leading customer engagement tool.
You’ll be a key engineering leader on a highly collaborative and skilled team, responsible for bringing projects from concept to production and improving our existing high-scale components. You will be leveraging your past experience, your skills, and a strong sense of teamwork to tackle the significant engineering challenges of running a critical highly distributed system.
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experience building foundational systems at scale and spearheading software projects that significantly advanced the goals of your organization
- Leads by example. Excellent at mentoring engineers. Makes your colleagues better.
- Self-starter with great communication and organizational skills with experience working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Professional experience working with distributed systems and/or microservices. Bonus if you’ve worked with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React, Java, or MongoDB.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.