Staff Mechanical Testing Engineer
MakerBot mechanical test engineers architect, design, and test hardware systems for MakerBot 3D printers.
As a Mechanical Test Engineer, you will:
- Design well-reasoned, rigorous, and thorough tests to characterize the performance of subsystem and system-level product designs; identify useful metrics or specifications against which designs can be compared.
- Design test systems and fixtures to quickly and efficiently gather performance data across MakerBot’s entire product offering.
- Write and execute detailed test plans in both the design and production phases; communicate these tests to other engineers and technicians and ensure successful completion.
- Analyse information gathered from tests and interpret results and impacts.
- Provide design modification recommendations to Mechanical Design, Operations, and Leadership teams.
- Work with vendors to create parts that meet intended specifications.
- Advise non-technical groups on system operation and performance.
- Assist with alpha, beta, and engineering build cycles.
- Utilize drafting and CAD best practices.
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with engineering teams to work through complex technical challenges and drive innovation.
As a Mechanical Test Engineer, you have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of proven design experience
- Demonstrated technical ownership over a subsystem of a design
- Demonstrated mentoring and/or management experience
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++
- Experience with data acquisition systems such as LabVIEW
- Interaction with vendors (part suppliers and manufacturing teams)
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD tools
- Knowledge of manufacturing, tooling techniques/capabilities (CNC, Laser, Injection Molding, formed parts, etc.)
- Experience with plastics, die casting, sheet metal and machining is preferred
- Expertise with electrical test and measurement tools
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excited to work in a fast-paced high-energy environment with the mechanical engineering team and other technical teams in Brooklyn, NY.
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.