Staff Software Engineer at WeWork Technology
The mission of Real Estate & Development (“RedTech”) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Contribute to technical design and systems architecture across teams.
- Identify and drive cross-functional technical efforts across teams.
- Manage priorities, deadlines and deliverables for technically oriented projects across multiple teams.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools and frameworks and methods to help in effectively meeting cross-team objectives and the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Routinely impact the processes and delivery of other teams by pushing cross-team initiatives, aligning on shared work, or evangelizing great initiatives outside the team.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Contribute to hiring and retention for multiple teams.
- Ensure a psychologically safe environment within the team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 8+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Proven experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented and clean code.
- Demonstrated experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- Experience driving technical excellence and engineering practices across teams.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.