Technical Lead, ClassFund at Teachers Pay Teachers
What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher.
As a technical lead at TpT, you own the on-time, successful delivery of a team’s work. To accomplish this, you are expected to participate in cross-functional alignment on product requirements and timelines. You guide the engineering team in successfully translating these product needs into a plan of action that leads to a high-quality product reaching users’ hands and meeting business goals. In the process, you drive the team’s engineering systems and processes to deliver products at high quality and velocity.
- Drive delivery of high quality products and features by working with cross-functional leads (product, design, product marketing) to define, scope and prioritize upcoming projects
- Provide technical oversight to the breadth of engineering work on the team, participating directly in implementation and support as required.
- Implement a culture of continuous iteration and learning both on the product and team processes.
- Encourage and exemplify exceptional communication and collaboration on the team. Leverage these practices to help the team resolve ambiguity and make effective decisions.
- Effectively scale yourself by delegating projects where appropriate, while continuing to provide helpful support to teammates.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Strong technical track record, with deep knowledge in full-stack web development and a demonstrated ability to drive systems-level decisions across the stack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is effective both among engineers and cross-functionally.
- Deep technical curiosity to learn and fill gaps in knowledge about systems you are responsible for. Able to learn and provide effective feedback to peers working on across the stack.
- Passion for product engineering — collaborating with product management and design to build great products and user experiences
- 4+ years of experience in development at scale, with clear examples of leading large, complex projects.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process can contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.