Technical Lead, Web Platform
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
The Web Platform Team is responsible for determining and supporting how product teams build the TpT front-ends. Engineers on Web Platform work across our front-end and Node.js stack, supporting core UI components, SSR techniques, CDN infrastructure, and general development workflows and tooling.
As a Web Platform Engineer at TpT, you will build the infrastructure that supports all front-end product development. Web Platform is responsible for the health of the TPT websites, from web performance and scalability, to security and anti-fraud protection. We work to make it as easy and effective as possible for our product engineers to build and improve the TPT marketplace. We are seeking both senior engineers and tech leads.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Experience with tuning front-end performance and delivery
- Experience with unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Have well-formed opinions on quality, maintainability, and scalability of technical systems
- Interest in supporting engineers to enable working in a fast paced tech and product oriented company
- Experience with a modern front-end framework
- Be endlessly curious
- Taking an iterative approach to improvement – favoring data over hunches (and yet hunches over unambitious options)
Extra Points for:
- React and Node.js experience strongly preferred
- Experience with service oriented architectures
- OSS Contributor
- Knowledge of Marketplaces, or Ed-Tech
- Ability to mentor and guide colleagues
- Computer Science degree is a plus