Zipari is a technology start-up company based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. We encourage all candidates to apply if shaping the future of a growing company, investing in our culture, and solving complex challenges interests you. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are committed to achieving company goals. Our team has foodies, talented musicians, artists, and a mix of other unique elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
What You'll Be Doing
- Managing a small team of software engineers, including task planning, code reviews, and architecture guidance.
- Driving technical projects and providing leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Hands on front-end development (approx. 50-60% of the time)
- Contributing, through active participation, in technical initiatives.
- Working closely with product management and client delivery teams to ensure amazing products are built and client satisfaction is achieved.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading and mentoring others on software engineering best practices
- Ability to lead and deliver on complex projects
- Expert understanding and hands on experience with React
- Experience with Angular2+ is a plus
- Experience working with CSS preprocessors (LESS, Sass)
- Strong knowledge of how to build and work with RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, svn, etc.)
- Database skills in a relational database (i.e. PostgresSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to performance tune and scale applications
- Agile Development experience
- Experience working with a software product company is a major plus
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Flexible working hours
- Support for remote work during COVID-19
- Unlimited monthly MetroCard
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Advanced certification and training opportunities
- Roundout - weekly get-togethers hosted by our Founder/CEO
- Casual dress
Zipari is committed to a diverse workplace and equal opportunity. We understand that the products we build and the work that we do is better and greater when it is inclusive of varied experiences, skills, and perspectives. We encourage everyone whose experience is close to what we are looking for to apply and allow our team to get to know you.
Read Full Job Description