Technical Support Engineer, Android at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco, Chicago, and Singapore. And we have over 500 employees and are growing!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Braze SDK runs on many of the world’s best known apps and sites. As an Android Support Engineer at Braze, you’ll help support these apps by investigating and resolving complex Android SDK issues, escalated by the Braze Success, Onboarding, and Technical Support Teams. You’ll also work closely with our SDK Engineering Team, contributing to our Android SDK and pairing with Android engineers on highly technical customer issues.
WHO YOU ARE
People say you’re a great communicator and top-tier problem solver! You look for every opportunity to make things better and you’re all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers and you know that even though the job isn’t easy, you’re making a difference each and every day. You’re naturally curious and you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- BS in Computer Science (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- 2-3 years Android development experience
- Strong coding experience in Java
- Fantastic debugging and investigative skills
- Excellent communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to be part of an “on call” after-hours rotation team
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role (Support, Solutions Consulting, etc.)
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Experience in Ruby
- Experience in multiple mobile platforms
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best