Test Engineer II
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work in a tight deadline and high-speed release environment.
- Define test coverage, test strategy, develop quick and smart test plans, create and maintain test cases and regression suite, execute functional and performance tests, evaluate and report quality of existing technologies and new features.
- Focus on building efficient and smart test strategy and testing frameworks for Web/mobile web test requirements.
- Work with test engineers and automation engineers to develop best practices for automation.
- Capture quality assurance data, metrics to provide insights and conclusions for continuous integration and development .
- Triage and debug difficult problems, driving them to resolution, in an effort to make the user experience phenomenal.
- Manage automated tests documentation, End to End to Test Suite and integration testing.
- Find scalable ways to elevate functional, usability, compatibility, performance, API and accessibility testing.
- Part of the scrum team by driving user story analysis and elaboration, designing and developing software applications, testing and building automation tools.
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, performance strategy, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment.
- Carry an extraordinary deal of influence across the software engineering organization and as such, you will demonstrate previous success achieving certification of the greatest quality standards.
- Acts as a test lead and plan work of other quality team members and assign tasks to meet project timelines.
- Reviews and approves team member's work in the writing of scripts, expected results, test results, and defect descriptions. Ensures best practices are followed and testing activities stay on schedule.
- Working in an onsite/offshore model on a daily basis.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 5+ years of software testing experience in all phases of testing including test planning, test design, test execution, and exploratory testing
- 2+ Years of experience in Agile processes (Scrum preferred).
- Excellent understanding of software testing, Software quality, CI/CD best practices
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with highly technical teams to drive and design quality
- Experience in designing and implementing automation frameworks
- Understanding of a variety of distributed infrastructure technologies and systems
- Eagerness to work iteratively and collaboratively to build new software
- Deals well with ambiguous/under‐defined problems; able to think abstractly
- Exposure to distributed source control systems such as Git.
- Raised a bar for delivering better end-user experience using deeper product knowledge.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.