Test Engineering Manager at JW Player
JW Player is hiring a Test Engineering Manager to lead our Test Engineering team. You will partner with Engineering and Product managers to develop and execute a testing strategy that optimizes for confidence, quality, performance and speed of delivery of our player and platform products. As the ‘voice of quality’, you will set the bar and ensure we have the right people, process, and tools in place to deliver quality at scale.
As the Test Engineering Manager, you will:
- Lead a team of engineers dedicated to delivering high quality test infrastructure.
- Build testing tools that are deeply integrated with our build and deploy pipelines to surface bugs before production releases.
- Create and maintain test environments that accurately or closely model our production environment.
- Identify creative new ways to test the quality and increase automated coverage of our products at scale.
- Working with product development teams to adopt new testing systems and maximize their efficacy.
- Acting as the point of contact and representative for the testing systems within the player and platform organizations.
- Collaborate to evolve/improve our automated quality assurance strategy that is reliable and scales with our business.
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership to align priorities, resourcing, and budgets to achieve the most favorable product and business outcomes.
- Identify and mitigate areas of risk while meeting rapidly evolving business and technology needs.
- Work with the team to establish and/or hone processes to ensure the best productivity while maintaining a high degree of quality and reliability of our software
- Foster a culture of passion, innovation and collaboration leading to strong job satisfaction, high retention rates and a track record for building market leading products
- Recruit and hire top talent maintaining our high standards of excellence and fostering a reputation as an ‘employer of choice’
- Ensure operations and technology meet expectations of a 24/7 99.95% or better uptime while operating in a cost effective manner using public cloud (AWS)
- Ability to divine when it’s time to go deep into details to ensure success (before it’s too late) and when to delegate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or experience equivalent
- Demonstrated experience (15+ years) building and leading a distributed and growing QA organization
- Proven success as a key technology leader in a growth-stage business; experience working for public company is a plus
- Proven success in a high volume SaaS environment; experience with real-time streaming (e.g. media, data) solutions is a plus
- Proven success with rich client side products; web, mobile and other devices
- Technically credible with hands-on knowledge of current technologies and able to gain respect of a talented team
- Experience driving technology evolution of existing systems and processes as well as creating new ones
- Ability to challenge the team while holding them accountable for their commitments.
- Keen ability to gauge risk/reward in a fast moving environment looking to maximize team velocity and risk mitigation
- A knack for spotting talent and capitalizing on it, whether it’s in the recruiting process or an up-and-comer on the team
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.