Web Developer (Wordpress/Python)
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for a Web Developer who will adjust, build, and maintain a variety of cross-functional integrations across our web properties.
The role will build and manage new features, content and cross-functional integrations in support of key stakeholders. This role is based in New York City.A day in the life of a Web Developer (Wordpress/Python) at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Senior Web Developer and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Build and ensure the stability of cross functional integrations
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across marketing, support, financial operations, field operations, cloud operations, university, and engineering teams
- Assist in documentation and consolidation of scripts and integrations
- Add and refine functionality to all current scripts
- Ensure maintenance is managed and documented
- Help manage and provide QA for product releases and enhancements
- Propose solutions that will improve integration efficiency, data quality and user experience.
- 5+ years of professional backend Wordpress development experience in a corporate environment or agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- Knowledge of Wordpress' architecture, templating, hooks, and REST API
- Expert experience with Python scripting
- Demonstrated ability using a version control system (e.g. Bitbucket, Github, Beanstalk, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience developing in a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MYSQL, PHP)
- Verifiable experience successfully integrating several APIs
- Experience working with administrative environments and using tools such as cPanel, AWS, and WHM preferred
- Proven ability developing with Salesforce SOQL prefered
- Practical knowledge of developing custom AWS solutions preferred.
- A friendly and rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings and conferences
- Flexible hours = Quality > Quantity
- A MacBook Pro for work and play
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package.