We're looking for a Workday Integration Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
The Integration Engineer will join the SaaS Operations team and play an integral role in driving the success of our People Systems. Focusing heavily on the development and maintenance of integrations using Workday's core tools (Workday Studio, Core Connectors, Web Services, Enterprise Interface Builder), you'll help Flatiron implement Workday, and then work to integrate, automate, and update it to provide ongoing systems value, operational enhancements and a better experience for our employees. In addition, you'll also:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and manage integrations between the Workday platform and all connected systems
- Serve as the IT partner to the Workday Administrator, who reports to the People team, advising on Workday technical configuration, release management, and best practices
- Provide assistance and guidance in the design, architecture, and development of integrations, utilizing native core connector solutions in lieu of custom-built designs where appropriate
- Gather and analyze requirements, providing technical advice and best practices with respect to integration development and implementation
- Evaluate the feasibility and level of effort involved in building any Workday integration/automation
- Ensure the security of access to the Workday platform as well as the federation of identities to third party systems
- Partner with the People Team to co-manage the relationship between Flatiron and external Application Management Services support
This is an exciting opportunity to implement and automate Workday for Flatiron, and to do so in collaboration with People, IT and Finance Team stakeholders and organizational leaders, with an eye toward driving employee experience, efficiency and best in class People Systems.
Who You Are
You're an experienced Workday integration engineer with implementation and coding experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact. You’re an enabler and a doer.
- You have sufficient knowledge of Rest API frameworks to investigate and independently construct API-based integrations between systems when appropriate
- You are comfortable and have a familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, other agile methodologies
- You have a strong understanding of HR operations and experience in employee data management
- You possess technical skill in at least one programming general purpose language (Java, XML, XSLT, Python, etc.)
- You demonstrate a high level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with HR clients, cross-functional colleagues and IT - ability to communicate complex systems jargon into terms our employees, managers, and leaders can understand
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience working in an AWS Cloud Environment
- You have experience with the software development lifecycle and utilizing a CI/CD pipeline
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics