Accountant, Employee Expenses
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager and intellectually curious Accountant to join our growing team. In this role, you will gain exposure to all departments across the company, and help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing efficiency through the use of technology, improving the accounting close cycle, and providing accurate, meaningful data to the leadership team.
We expect the Accountant to be an important member of our small, but highly proficient, Finance team. The successful candidate will combine a strong accounting foundation with the desire to learn and develop their skills. This role will report to the Accounting Manager in our NYC headquarters.
- Execute daily and monthly functions to ensure an accurate, modular and timely close of the books for internal review as well as the Company’s monthly and quarterly reporting requirements
- This position will focus on accounting for employee related expenses, including payroll, travel & entertainment, reimbursements, corporate AMEX, and equity grants across all entities
- Perform financial statement analysis and document insightful and meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Work proactively on payroll related projects such as automation, continuous process improvement, etc.
- Assist in the improvement of accounting business processes to improve productivity and create operating efficiencies across the company
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures that are in compliance with applicable internal control guidance
- Assist in the accumulation of support for the Company’s annual audit and quarterly reviews
- At least 4-6 years of experience in general accounting functions, including stock-based compensation, payroll, bank reconciliations, accrued expenses and the monthly close process
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities
- Experience with Netsuite General Ledger, Coupa PO system, and/or Blackline a huge plus
- Proven ability to communicate well within a team environment, as well as with other departments across the organization
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.