Accounting Associate at Policygenius
About the role….
Do you thrive working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you enjoy helping businesses transform processes in ways that increase productivity and visibility? Are you excited by complex revenue accounting? Are you eager to work at a company named a Best Place to Work for 4 years running?
Policygenius is looking for a confident, proactive, and enthusiastic Accounting Associate to join our Finance team, specifically working in Revenue Accounting. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting, you'll steer Pg's financial success through this early (but exciting) stage by assisting new processes, working on new systems, owning parts of the revenue accounting day-to-day, and becoming a go-to in this area with our stakeholders, including our Senior Leadership, as we continue to scale.
In this role, you will…
- Help maintain real time revenue and receivable reporting to company stakeholders, both internal and external
- Own technical accounting complex revenue processes, driving best practices of timely and accurate revenue and revenue related financial reporting
- Prepare revenue, revenue related accounts, and financial statement analyses using thorough analytical techniques
- Collaborate effectively with the finance team to ensure a fast and smooth month-end close for revenue
- Identify and assist with implementation of processes and controls that will allow the revenue functions to scale as Policygenius grows
- Help plan and support projects related to technological enhancements to drive automations for the accounting and finance teams
- Work with internal stakeholders such as our operations and data teams
- Problem solve accounting and finance issues with creative and mind-blowing solutions!
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 1-3+ years experience in a large scale public accounting firms and/or private experience in revenue accounting combined with continuous process improvement experience
- You’re a self-starter and able to work independently
- You’re a strong verbal, written, and virtual communicator and are comfortable collaborating cross-functionally
- Problem solving excites you: you can identify and raise problems, and start working to solve them
- You’re tech savvy with intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and comfortable navigating general ledger systems (NetSuite experience is a bonus)
- Attention to detail is in your DNA
- You have experience managing or implementing internal controls
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!