Who we are:
Neverware’s flagship product, CloudReady, reimagines the desktop operating system by prioritizing security, manageability, and of course, performance—whether your computer is brand new or 10 years old. With CloudReady, schools and enterprise organizations alike can maximize their IT investments by transforming their existing fleets of PCs and Macs into simple, secure, and fast machines that provide the same user experience and management as Chromebooks. As covered by media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, CNN, CNET, LifeHacker and TechTarget, CloudReady is disrupting the way organizations think about hardware refreshes while enabling affordable, secure access to modern technology. A VC-backed organization, Neverware’s investors include Google, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rethink Education. Our partners include Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Samsung, and more.
The team member we want to join us:
Neverware is looking for a strong and experienced professional to build out and lead our internal accounting operations. We have offices in New York and London, and are in the midst of expanding our International and Enterprise business while continuing our strong growth in the US Education market. This role will work out of our Headquarters in New York City. Neverware is looking for an individual to establish our financial foundation to help lead us into the next phase of growth. You have experience managing and executing the daily operations of an accounting team, establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods and policies and comfort working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. As the Accounting Manager for Neverware, you will set accounting strategy while also getting into the details. All responsibilities are in service of delivering high quality and timely deliverables from accurate revenue recognition, closing out the month and the year, delivering monthly and quarterly reports for company, board and investor presentations, budgeting and financial projections plus all other critical responsibilities that fall under your role. You will report to the Director of Operations, with a dotted line to the CEO, plus collaborating with other department leads to establish accounting and financial best practices at a fast growing company.
Your responsibilities will center around:
- Day to day operations
- A/R - help establish best practice and processes for efficient and effective collection of monies owed
- Expert recommendation on the best system setup required in order for Neverware to achieve its goals. We use: Quickbooks for accounting and invoicing, Salesforce for sales opportunities.
- Once system is in place, work with Financial Analyst to maintain ongoing effectiveness
- Some complexities: Neverware has many customers, around the neighborhood of 1300 and growing. As we grow internationally and in Enterprise, make sure the process scales effectively in other markets
- A/P - own all major contracts and vendor negotiations in partnership with Director of Operations
- Collaborate with Director of Sales on large customer deals, working in partnership with Sales to facilitate contract terms best for Neverware
- Collaborate on Commissions structure with Sales, particularly as they grow more complex
- Subject matter expert on the best internal controls required for Neverware; work in partnership with Director of Operations to recommend and establish controls and then implement them
- Strategic financial analysis, Budgeting and Reporting
- Compile and deliver regular monthly and quarterly reporting of financials and key business metrics
- Monthly and Quarterly Bookings, New MRR, Expansion MRR and Renewal MRR are key reporting drivers of our business
- Complete and accurate reporting always, act as subject matter expert if there are additional metrics Neverware should consider
- Owner and driver of company budgeting and financial projections in collaboration with leadership team of CEO, Director of Operations and Director of Sales
- Owner of investor relations and all necessary deliverables, in partnership with CEO
- Tax, Compliance and Legal requirements
- Owner of all financial compliance needs of our US and UK offices, tax regulations and other like examples
- Own relationship with external accountants to oversee company’s tax returns complete and delivered
- Work in partnership with the Sales team to support all compliance needs regarding international and enterprise business
- 5 - 7 years of strong corporate finance experience plus some direct managing experience. Some experience in startup or small business environment strongly preferred.
- Quickbooks experience
- Strong interpersonal skills as this role requires interaction with every part of the organization including the entire leadership team.
- Disciplined and detail-oriented with experience delivering on time with quality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills