About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
The Associate, Corporate Tax, will be responsible for assisting with all corporate tax matters, including preparation and review of quarterly and annual income tax provisions, corporate tax returns, and workpapers.
On a given day at Galaxy, you will:
- Work closely with third-party services providers on all corporate tax return matters, including:
- Preparation/Review of internal tax workpapers
- Preparation/Review of externally prepared federal, state, and foreign corporate tax returns/workpapers
- Preparation/Review of estimated tax payment/extension calculations
- Maintaining corporate tax filing calendar
- Assist with all aspects of the worldwide quarterly/annual income tax provisions, including:
- Computation of Book-to-Tax differences
- Establishing/Assessing realizability of deferred tax assets/liabilities
- Assessing/Maintaining reserves for uncertain tax provisions
- Tax Footnote Disclosures
- Foreign Tax Provisions
- Perform and document SOX controls for tax accounting and reporting
- Assist with tax audits and assessments
- Assist with tax research to assess corporate tax impacts of legislative developments, acquisitions/divestitures, capital structure changes, etc.
- Perform ad hoc projects/analysis in connection with corporate directives/initiatives
You’ve worked hard for:
- 5+ years of corporate tax/accounting for income taxes experience at large public accounting firm and/or industry
- Working knowledge of partnership tax principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- CPA license required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to independently manage multiple project/initiatives concurrently
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
You rock at:
- Experience working with “Up-C” structures
- Experience in asset/investment management, financial technology, or banking/capital markets
- Experience with indirect taxes (SUT/VAT)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Galaxy Digital seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, arrest or conviction record, his or her sexual and other reproductive health decisions, or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.