Business Management, ARK at WeWork Technology
Vice President, Business Manager
ARK Capital Advisors, (“ARK”) is an affiliate of The We Company and serves as its new global real estate acquisition and management platform based in New York City. ARK’s focus is acquiring, developing, and managing select real estate assets in global gateway cities and high-growth secondary markets. ARK collaborates with The We Company to apply The We Company’s existing, new, and developing products and methods of community and space management to ARK owned real estate and leverage The We Company’s relationships with partners and enterprise member companies to create vibrant fully programmed ecosystems.
ARK is currently seeking an experienced business manager with approximately 5 to 7 years of financial services experience to assist with the investment management operations, execution, governance and controls. The ARK Business Manager will work closely with an experienced group of internal and external professionals while overseeing all aspects of ARK’s initiative / project management. Successful candidates will enjoy working in an environment that is creative, mission-driven, results-oriented, and community-focused.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, this real estate accounting professional will also be responsible for the following –
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and manage progress of all ARK’s projects and ensure they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Project lead on strategic initiatives including business process re-engineering, workflow modeling, technology implementations, policy creation and roll-out, internal and external audit remediations, vendor management, etc.
- Ensure a consistent control environment across platform to manage operational risk, ensuring oversight of key contractual deliverables; continuously assess control framework for potential gaps
- Develop and maintain ARK’s document management system across all departments including structure, controls, facilitating user experience, and adherence to policies and procedures
- Organize and manage ARK’s vendor management process including due diligence, selection, onboarding and BAU management including annual reviews of vendor
- Work with respective ARK team members to develop and maintain materials for business performance reviews, deal reviews, offsites, external speaking engagements, industry conferences, weekly meetings, etc.
- Create an optimal governance model for capturing, communicating and management of ARK’s business & oversight processes
- Manage ARK’s non-confidential employee data for business planning and client reporting (bios, titles, tenure, experience, etc.)
Required qualifications and experience –
- Bachelor’s degree with major in business administration, finance, or accounting
- 5+ years of financial services experience, preferably with high-growth organizations in investment and asset management sector
- Strong solutions-oriented analytical skills, particularly in respect of data analysis and reporting
- Understanding of investment structures including open-ended and closed ended real estate funds serving global institutional and high-net worth clients
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to influence as well as direct a team or collaborate with various stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in many roles within the team framework (leader, support, co-worker, back-up for peers), and build strong relationships and influence across several global locations
- Motivated self-starter able to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Results-driven, user-centric, innovative, and comfortable in a highly complex and high-growth environment
- Creativity, flexibility, and openness to change
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.