Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
What you'll do:
- FP&A: Provide key financial insights that drive the company’s strategic decisions, financial forecasts, and operating plans.
- Accounting: Oversee all accounting operations, ensuring scalability and efficiency as we continue to grow.
- Strategy: You’ll spend a lot of time talking with investors and external parties about our strategy and plan, so we expect you to play a key in defining them.
- Recruit, manage and develop a world-class team: Continue to build on a strong team that is passionate about our business and the impact that we can have on the world.
- Fundraising & Investor relations: Work hand-in-hand with our CEO on all financing opportunities and build and maintain investor relationships.
Why we’re excited about you:
- Hands-on leadership: You know what a scaled-up company should look like, but you're still willing and able to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Well-rounded financial background: You've got a strong track record in both FP&A and Accounting and have played a senior finance role at a public company. Now you want to bring your learnings to a quickly growing tech company.
- A data-driven strategist: You view the the finance function as a key strategic partner to the other teams, particularly product and marketing. We will have to make many hard decisions in the coming years, and will need your strategic views to help us see around the corners.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork: Nobody has all the answers, and we want an executive team that can work together to shore up our respective gaps and leverage our collective strengths. We need you to make us all better, and let us help you get better as well.
- Presentation and relationship skills with external stakeholders: You are a wizard at developing and delivering investor presentations and building strong relationships with both current and future investors. Our CEO looks forward to you acting as a partner on key investor and market relationships.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: There aren’t many venture-backed startups with high growth rates, a strong platform and subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact.
- Growth opportunity: We are already on a steep growth trajectory, and as the company evaluates future product shifts, international growth, capital raising, M&A, organizational changes and more, you’ll have your hands on the wheel and learn a lot as we navigate it all as a team.
- Community: We have a large and uniquely passionate community of teachers and students — 15% of our NPS comments contain the word “love”.
- Team: We have an amazing team that believes in Skillshare’s ability to change the world for the better. Our exec team is seasoned, collaborative and has a low tolerance for ego or drama.
- Board and investors: We have one of the most supportive boards around. We are very proud to be backed by Union Square Ventures, Amasia, Spero Ventures and Spark Capital, and their networks have paid big dividends for Skillshare.