[Contract] Revenue Accountant Senior/Manager at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Revenue Accountant Senior/Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is a great place to work. This will be a contract role for approximately 6 months.
This person would be familiar with billing and collection practices, and should have some knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce. Core activities will include creating and reviewing sales orders and invoices. These will require cross-functional partnership - key skills of collaboration and communication are essential.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Accounting Team to prepare accurate financial statements in line with US GAAP. Reporting to the Revenue Senior Manager, you'll work cross-functionally with teams to manage financial risks. You'll work in a fast-paced environment with customer contracts that sell professional services and SaaS products to Oncology Care Providers. In addition, you'll also:
- Be responsible for reviewing customer contracts for revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP, primarily FASB ASC 606. This includes creating billing and revenue recognition schedules at the inception of the contract and continually maintaining revenue recognition, deferred revenue, and unbilled accounts receivables accounts
- Create and review sales orders, credit notes, invoices and journals as part of routine monthly transactional accounting
- Responsible for monitoring the finance inbox, and appropriately flagging issues to the relevant team member to resolve
- Own the month-end close for revenue accounts in Netsuite, Flatiron’s ERP system, including preparing journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations and roll-forwards, as well as assisting with on-going enhancements to our close process
- Contribute to preparing the monthly financial reporting package for senior management
- Partner cross-functionally with the Customer Success team to review the customer data for accuracy
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- You have at least 4+ years of hands-on experience in revenue operations
- You have experience with NetSuite ERP and Salesforce.com
- You're a self-starter with the ability to think creatively, solution unexpected issues and work independently to meet deadlines
- You have time management skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities appropriately
- You have excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- You have analytical skills and leans towards challenging the status quo
- You believe in Flatiron’s Values
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience at one of the Big 4 accounting firms
- You have experience in a software/SaaS company
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.